Mac Agent - Datto RMM Installation
You can follow this article to install the macOS Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using your Datto RMM tool. We've broken down the installation into the following steps:
- Importing the script
- Downloading the Mac Agent Install Script
- Running the installer script
- Verify Mac Agent Deployed successfully.
- You must have Administrator access in your instance of Datto RMM.
- Your Mac Must be Running macOS 10.15 or later
Importing the script
- Download the Datto RMM CPT File. The download link can be found here
- Log into your Datto RMM instance and navigate to Components > All Components section.
- In the left-hand menu, click Import Component.
- In the Import Component pop-up window, click Choose File and select the Datto RMM CPT file that you downloaded in Step 1 of this section. Again, the download link can be found here
- After selecting the file, Upload to proceed.
- Finally, in the top right corner, click Save.
Downloading the Mac Agent Install Script
- From the Blackpoint Partner Portal, navigate to the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- From the customer switcher, select the customer for macOS agent deployment.
- Navigate to Install and Deploy from the navigation menu in the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- Download macOS Setup Script.
- Open the macOS setup script in your code editor or notepad and copy the AUTH_TOKEN and CUSTOMER_ID
Running the installer script
- In your Datto RMM instance, navigate to Components > Applications.
- In the left-hand menu, click All Components under My Components.
- In the Component List: Applications screen, select the checkbox next to the Blackpoint SNAP Install (macOS)
Click the Gear icon.
- In the Schedule a Job > New Job screen:
- Name - Enter a name for the job schedule. By default, the job is executed immediately.
- Schedule - To schedule the job for a later time, or for recurring instances, click Click to change... Select one of the pre-set schedule intervals and use the date and time picker to establish your start date. Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Add Targets and select one of the following target types. Then, select any number within that target type.
- Site Groups
- Default Device Filters
- Custom Device Filters
- Device Groups
- Site Device Groups
- Site Device Filters
- authToken and customerID - Paste in the customer authToken and customerID you copied from the install script as described in the section above.Important. Each customer you create in the Blackpoint Portal will have its own unique install script which includes the authToken and customerID. Please make sure you deploy the correct agent to your customer or you will need to uninstall the agent and redeploy.
- Click Save. You will be redirected to the Jobs > Active Jobs page.
Verify deployment has been successful;
- Open SNAP-Defense in your web browser
- Select Customer using the drop-down selection list
- Navigate to the "Collection" menu in SNAP-Defense and confirm your Mac shows in the device list Additionally, you can navigate to the "Network" menu and confirm the device shows in the network map