Mac Agent - Kaseya VSA Installation
You can Follow this article to install the macOS Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using your Kaseya VSA tool. We've broken down the installation into the following steps:
- Copying the SNAP Agent URL
- Importing the script
- Setting the variables
- Deploying the agent
- Verify Mac Agent Deployed successfully.
- Your Mac Must be Running macOS 10.15 or later
Copying the Mac Agent URL
- From the Blackpoint Partner Portal, navigate to the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- From the customer switcher, select the customer for mac agent deployment.
- Navigate to Install and Deploy from the navigation menu in the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- Download mcOS Setup Script.
- Open the macOS setup script (.sh file) in your code editor or notepad and copy the AUTH_TOKEN and CUSTOMER_IDbetween the quotation marks.
Importing the Script
- Download the .xml install script. Right-click this link and click Save Link As... Remember where you save this file as you will need it in the steps below.
- Once the file is downloaded, you will need to import it to the VSA. Log into Kaseya VSA and navigate to Agent Procedures > Schedule/Create.
- Under the Shared directory, select an existing folder, or click New Folder to create a "Blackpoint" folder to store your Agent Procedure. Click Import Folder/Procedure at the top of the screen.
- In the Import Folder/Procedure pop-up window, upload the .xml file you downloaded in Step 1 of this section. Click Save.
Setting the Variables
- In the Shared folder, click the BlackPoint SNAP Mac Installer procedure file. Then, click Manage Variables at the top of the screen.
- Create a new variable called Auth_Token
- Type Auth_Token into the Rename/Create Variable field.
- Paste the Auth_Tokenfrom the script you downloaded in the first sectioninto the Set Variable Value field.
- Select the check box next to the appropriate customer below and click Apply to append the variable to that customer.
- Create a second new variable called Customer_ID
- Type Customer_ID into the Rename/Create Variable field.
- Paste the Customer_ID from the script you downloaded in the first section into the Set Variable Value field.
- Select the checkbox next to the appropriate customer below and click the Apply button to append the variable to that customer.
Deploying the Agent
- Schedule a task with this procedure on the correct endpoints. To do so, select the agent procedure and check the box(s) next to the appropriate endpoints. You can then click Schedule Agent Procedure.
- Set a desired Recurrence, Time Preference, Start Time/Date, and any Execution Options for the task. Click Submit.
- You've successfully deployed the macOS agent through Kaseya VSA to your customer's network.
Verify deployment has been successful;
- Open SNAP-Defense in your web browser
- Select Customer using the drop-down selection list
- Navigate to the "Collection" menu in SNAP-Defense and confirm your Mac shows in the device list Additionally, you can navigate to the "Network" menu and confirm the device shows in the network map
- Additionally, navigate to the “Network” menu to check if the device shows in the network map
You've successfully deployed the Mac Agent to your customer's network.