Mac Agent - NinjaOne Installation
You can follow this article to install the macOS Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using NinjaOne tool. We've broken down the installation into the following steps:
- Downloading the Mac Agent Install Script
- Importing the script
- Running the installer script
- Verify Mac Agent Deployed successfully.
- Your Mac Must be Running macOS 10.15 or later
Downloading the Mac Agent Install Script
- From the Blackpoint Partner Portal, navigate to the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- From the customer switcher, select the customer for Mac agent deployment.
- Navigate to Install and Deploy from the navigation menu in the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- Download macOS Setup Script.
Running the installer script
- Log into NinjaOne and click on the Administration tab on the left navigation bar.
- Navigate to Library > Scripting in the Administration bar on the left side.
- On the top right side click Import New Script > From my computer.
- Select the shell script you downloaded from the Blackpoint Add-ons portal in the previous section. (Example: Auth_token_BP_Mac_agent_CUSTOMER-NAME.sh)
- Provide a meaningful name related to the customer in the Name: field. Complete the remaining fields according to your specifications and then click the blue Save button. You may be prompted to enter your MFA token. Once saved you can click the Close button.
- Navigate to Policies > Agent Policies in the Administration bar.
- Select the NinjaOne Agent Policy that you have designated for this customer’s Mac devices and edit the policy.
- Select Scheduled Scripts on the left side and then click Add a Scheduled Script on the right.
- Provide a name for the Scheduled Script and set the Schedule field to “Run Once Immediately”. Next select Add Script in the top left corner.
- Select the script that you created in step 5 and ensure Run As is set to “System” then click Apply and then Add.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the screen and then the Close button. NinjaOne will now begin to run the script on devices attached to the policy.
Verify deployment has been successful;
- Open SNAP-Defense in your web browser
- Select Customer using the drop-down selection list
- Navigate to the "Collection" menu in SNAP-Defense and confirm your Mac shows in the device list Additionally, you can navigate to the "Network" menu and confirm the device shows in the network map
- Additionally, navigate to the “Network” menu to check if the device shows in the network map
You've successfully deployed the Mac Agent to your customer's network.