Mac Agent - Jamf Pro Installation
You can follow this article to install the macOS Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using Jamf Pro. We've broken down the installation into the following steps:
- Copying the SNAP Agent URL
- Deploying the agent using Jamf
- Verify Mac Agent Deployed successfully.
- Your Mac Must be Running macOS 10.15 or later
Copying the Mac Agent URL
- From the Blackpoint Partner Portal, navigate to the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- From the customer switcher, select the customer for Mac agent deployment.
- Navigate to Install and Deploy from the navigation menu in the Blackpoint Add-Ons Portal.
- Download macOS Setup Script.
Adding the agent install script to Jamf Pro
- Log in to Jamf Pro.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click Settings.
- Click Computer Management.
- In the “Computer Management” section, click Scripts.
- Click New.
- In the General pane, enter Display Name “blackpoint-agent-install-script”.
- Click the Script tab then copy the content of the script you downloaded from the partner portal in step 4 from the previous section and paste it into the script editor.
- Click Save.
Verify deployment has been successful;
- Open SNAP-Defense in your web browser
- Select Customer using the drop-down selection list
- Navigate to the "Collection" menu in SNAP-Defense and confirm your Mac shows in the device list Additionally, you can navigate to the "Network" menu and ensure the device shows in the network map
- Additionally, navigate to the “Network” menu to check if the device shows in the network map
You've successfully deployed the Mac Agent to your customer's network.