Windows Agent - Kaseya VSA Installation
Follow this article to install the Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using your Kaseya VSA tool. We've broken down the installation into four main steps:
- Copying the SNAP Agent URL
- Importing the script
- Setting the variables
- Deploying the agent
Copying the SNAP Agent URL
- In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customers in the left-hand menu.
- In the Customer List section, find the customer you want to deploy the agent to. Click the Manage button. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
- Provided that a service has been added to this customer, you will see a Download SNAP Agent button. Copy the URL to your clipboard. The URL provides the SNAP_FILE and SNAP_UID as indicated in the below example. You will need this information later in the installation process.
Important. Remember that each UID and installer will be unique to one customer only.
Importing the script
- Download the .xml install script Right-click this link and click Save Link As... Remember where you save this file as you will need it in the steps below.
- NOTE: If you are using a previous version of Kaseya VSA, and the above .xml script is not working, please try V1 of the script.
- Once the file is downloaded, you will need to import it to the VSA. Log into Kaseya VSA and navigate to Agent Procedures > Schedule/Create.
- Under the Shared directory, select an existing folder, or click New Folder to create a "Blackpoint" folder to store your Agent Procedure. Click Import Folder/Procedure at the top of the screen.
- In the Import Folder/Procedure pop-up window, upload the .xml file you downloaded in Step 1 of this section. Click Save.
Setting the variables
- In the Shared folder, click the BlackPoint SNAP Installation procedure file. Then, click Manage Variables at the top of the screen.
- Create a new variable called AccountUID:
- Type "AccountUID" into the Rename/Create Variable field.
- Enter the SNAP_UID into the Set Variable Value field.
- Create a second new variable called CompanyEXE:
- Type "CompanyEXE" into the Rename/Create Variable field.
- Enter the SNAP_FILE into the Set Variable Value field.
- Repeat the above 3 steps for each Customer/Group based on their unique AccountUID and CompanyEXE values:
- Select the checkbox next to the GroupID.
- From the Select Variable drop-down, select the correct variable.
- Enter the value of either the CompanyEXE or Account UID.
Deploying the agent
- Schedule a task with this procedure on the correct endpoints. To do so, select the agent procedure and click Schedule Agent Procedure
- Set a desired Recurrence, Time Preference, Start Time/Date, and any Execution Options for the task. Click Submit.
You've successfully deployed Kaseya VSA to your customer's network.