Integrating with Sophos
Follow this article to integrate Blackpoint with Sophos. We've broken down the integration into three main steps:
- Acquiring the API token and headers
- Configuring the integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- Verifying your integration
- You must have Admin-level access in Sophos.
You can follow this video guide or skip to the Instructions section below.
To establish the integration between Blackpoint and Sophos, you must acquire an API token and some headers.
Acquiring the API Token and Headers
- Log into Sophos and click Global Settings in the left-hand menu.
- In the Global Settings page, click API Token Management.
- Click the Add Token button.
- Give your new token a name and click Save.
- In the next page, click the Copy buttons next to API Access URL and Headers. Save or paste this information in a secure location as you will need to access it in the next section.
Configuring the integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customer in the left-hand menu.
- In the Customer List section, find the customer you want to integrate Sophos for. Click the Manage button. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
- In the Integrations section, click the +Add button
- In the Add Integration pop-up, select Sophos in the drop-down menu and click Next.
- In the next pop-up, enter the following information:
- API Access URL - The URL you copied in the Acquiring the API Token section above.
- API Token Headers - The Headers you copied in the Acquiring the API Token section above.
- API Key - When you paste in the Headers, this field will be auto-populated
- Authorization Token - When you paste in the Headers, this field will be auto-populated.
- Click the Test & Save button.
- Back in the Customer Details page, you will see the new Sophos integration.
Verifying your integration
- In the Blackpoint Portal, click the SNAP-Defense icon.
- In the Dashboard page, search for your customer and click the name to open it.
- Click Collection in the left-hand menu.
- Under the Status tab, click the Package drop-down and select the Sophos package. Now you can see the full list of devices detected by Sophos.
- Optionally, you can click Network in the left-hand menu which opens the full Device List. Click the inverted triangle icon to expand the filters. Then, expand the Collection Type heading to see the number of Sophos devices being collected. Once you click Apply Filters the diagram will adjust to show only devices collected by Sophos.