Integrating with Cylance
Follow this article to integrate Blackpoint with Cylance. The integration consists of four main steps:
- Acquiring the Application ID & Secret
- Acquiring the Tenant ID
- Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- Verifying your integration
- You must have Administrator-level access in Cylance.
Acquiring the Application ID & Secret
- Log into the Cylance platform.
- On the left side menu, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Settings page, click the +Add Application button.
- In the Add Application pop-up, enter a unique name for the application. Blackpoint recommends that you grant only read rights for all privilege types. Click Save.
Note: If you do not select any check boxes for a privilege type, then the application will not have access at all to that data type.
- An Application Saved pop-up window will appear showing the newly created application ID and application secret. Click the Copy buttons next to each. Save or paste this information in a secure location for later use. Click OK.
Acquiring the Tenant ID
- Back in the Settings > Integrations page, locate the Tenant ID on the right.
- Click the Copy button and save or paste this information in a secure location for later use.
Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customer in the left-hand menu.
- In the Customer List section, find the customer you are setting up a Cylance integration for. Click the Manage button. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
- In the Integrations tab, click the +Add button.
- In the Add Integration pop-up, select Cylance in the drop-down menu and click Next.
- In the next pop-up, enter the following information:
- Application ID - The application ID that you noted in the Acquiring the Application ID & Secret section above.
- Application Secret - The application secret that you noted in the Acquiring the Application ID & Secret section above.
- Tenant ID - The tenant ID that you noted in the Acquiring Tenant ID section above.
- Click the Save button.
Note: If your URL is different than the one shown by default in this pop-up, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
- Back in the Customer Details page, you will see the new Cylance integration.
Verifying your integration
- In the Blackpoint Portal, click the SNAP-Defense icon.
- In the Dashboard page, search for your customer and click the name to open it.
- Click Collection in the left-hand menu and then on the Status tab at the top. In the Devices section, click the Package drop-down and select the Cylance package.
- Optionally, you can click Network in the left-hand menu which opens the full Device List. Click the inverted triangle icon to expand the filters. Then, expand the Collection Type heading to see the number of Cylance devices being collected. Once you click Apply Filters, the diagram will adjust to show only devices collected by Cylance.