Integrating with Cisco Meraki
Follow this article to integrate Blackpoint with Cisco Meraki. The integration consists of six main steps:
- Acquiring the Dashboard URL
- Acquiring the API token
- Acquiring Organization ID(s)
- (Optional) Acquiring Network ID(s)
- Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- Verifying your integration
- You must have Administrator-level access in Meraki.
Acquiring the Dashboard URL
- Log into the Meraki Web Management Platform.
- Copy the domain portion (from https:// through the .com) of the Dashboard URL value from the address bar. Save or paste this information in a secure location for use later.
Acquiring the API token
- Navigate to Organization > Settings in the left-hand menu.
- In the Dashboard API Access section, select the Enable access to the Cisco Meraki Dashboard API checkbox. Then, click the profile link. Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the My Profile page in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the API Access section and click the Generate new API key button.
- In the New API key pop-up, click the copy button. Save or paste this information in a secure location for use later. Finally, select the I have stored my new API key checkbox before clicking Done.
Acquiring the Organization ID(s)
- In a new browser tab, launch the following URL: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations.
- Find the organization(s) that are associated with the client that needs Meraki integration. Look (or search the webpage) for the client/customer name following the "name" label.
Note: Most clients will only be associated with a single organization ID. However, Blackpoint MDR does support associating multiple organization IDs with one Blackpoint MDR customer.
- Copy each "id" value immediately preceding each matching organization's "name" label. See the image below. This is an Organization ID. Save or paste the id(s) in a secure location for later use.
(Optional) Acquiring the Network ID(s)
- In another browser tab, launch the following URL. Replace the [ORGANIZATION_ID] part of the URL with the Organization ID value you copied in the previous section: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/[ORGANIZATION_ID]/networks.
Note: For example, if the Organization ID value you identified in the previous section was 123456, then you would launch the following URL: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/123456/networks.
- Identify the network(s) you want to integrate by reviewing the "name" field value(s). Then, copy the preceding "id" value for each network you want to integrate. See the image below. This is the Network ID. Save or paste this information in a secure location for later use.
Most integrations will not require Network IDs. Network IDs are often used to segment or group Meraki devices associated with a single organization. For most integrations, you will want to integrate all the networks under a particular Organization ID, so this step is unnecessary. However, if you have Meraki devices for clients all grouped under a single Organization ID, then you will need to complete this step to identify which specific networks belong to which Blackpoint MDR customer.
Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customer in the left-hand menu.
- In the Customer List section, find the customer who needs Meraki integration. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
- In the Integrations section, click the +Add button.
- In the Add Integration pop-up, select Meraki in the drop-down menu and click Next.
- In the next pop-up, deselect the All Organization checkbox. Then, enter the following information:
- Server URL - Take the URL you retrieved earlier and append the following to it before entering the value: /api/v0. For example, if the URL above was https://n218.meraki.com you want to enter: https://n218.meraki.com/api/v0
- API Key - The API key that you noted in the Acquiring the API Token section above.
- Included Organization IDs - The Organization IDs that you noted in the Acquiring the Organization ID(s) section. Enter each ID individually and then press Enter.
- Included Network IDs (if applicable) - The Network IDs that you noted in the Acquiring the Network ID(s) section. Enter each ID individually and then press Enter.
Note: Network IDs are not needed if you want to include all networks for the entered Organization IDs. In this scenario, just enter the Organization IDs and leave Network IDs blank.
- Click the Test & Save button.
- Back in the Customer Details page, you will see the new Meraki integration.
Verifying your integration
- In the Blackpoint Portal, click the SNAP-Defense icon.
- In the Dashboard page, search for and click your customer.
- Click Collection in the left-hand menu and then on the Status tab at the top. In the Devices section, click the Package drop-down and select the Meraki package.
- To view the full list of devices detected by Meraki, click the menu icon in the top-left corner of the Devices section.
- Optionally, you can click Network in the left-hand menu which opens the full Device List. Click the inverted triangle icon to expand the filters. Then, expand the Collection Type heading to see the number of Meraki devices being collected. Once you click Apply Filters the diagram will adjust to show only devices collected by Meraki.