Integrating with Malwarebytes
Follow this article to integrate Blackpoint with Malwarebytes. The integration consists of three main steps:
- Acquiring the Client ID & Secret
- Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- Verifying your integration
- You must have Administrator-level access in Malwarebytes.
Acquiring the Client ID & Secret
- Log into the Malwarebytes OneView platform.
- On the left side menu, navigate to Settings > APIs & Services.
- In the OAuth 2.0 Client IDs screen, click the plus (+) icon in the top-right corner.
- In the Create OAuth Client ID pop-up window:
- Enter MWB API Client in the Application Name field.
- Click the Access drop-down menu and select the "read", "write", and "execute" checkboxes.
- Click the Submit button.
- An OAuth Client pop-up window will appear showing the newly created client ID and client secret. Click the copy buttons next to each. Save or paste this information in a secure location for later use. Click OK.
Adding the Integration in the Blackpoint Portal
- In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customer in the left-hand menu.
- In the Customer List section, find the customer who needs the Malwarebytes integration. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
- In the Integrations section, click the +Add button.
- In the Add Integration pop-up, select Malwarebytes in the drop-down menu and click Next.
- In the next pop-up, enter the following information:
- Client ID - The client ID that you noted in the Acquiring the Client ID & Secret section above.
- Client Secret - The client secret that you noted in the Acquiring the Client ID & Secret section above.
- Click the Continue button.
- In the next pop-up, click the Select a Site drop-down menu and select the applicable site.
- Back in the Customer Details page, you will see the new Malwarebytes integration.
Verifying your integration
- In the Blackpoint Portal, click the SNAP-Defense icon.
- In the Dashboard page, search for and click your customer.
- Click Collection in the left-hand menu and then on the Status tab at the top. In the Devices section, click the Package drop-down and select the Malwarebytes package.
- To view the full list of devices detected by Malwarebytes, click the menu icon in the top-left corner of the Devices section.
- Optionally, you can click Network in the left-hand menu which opens the full Device List. Click the inverted triangle icon to expand the filters. Then, expand the Collection Type heading to see the number of Malwarebytes devices being collected. Once you click Apply Filters, the diagram will adjust to show only devices collected by Malwarebytes.