Windows Agent - NinjaOne Snap Installation
Follow this article to install the Blackpoint SNAP-Defense agent to your customer network using your NinjaOne tool. We've broken down the installation into two main steps including one optional step:
- Locating the SNAP-agent install link
- Deploying the agent using NinjaOne
- (Optional) Running the install task on a regular basis
Locating the SNAP Agent Install Link
1. In the Blackpoint Portal, navigate to Customers in the left-hand menu.
2. In the Customer List section, find the customer you want to deploy the agent to. Click the Manage button. You will be redirected to the Customer Details page.
3. Provided that a service has been added to this customer, you will see a URL. Click the clipboard icon to the right of the link to copy the link.
Deploying the agent using NinjaOne
NinjaOne offers a few options to deploy software but is primarily policy driven with software deployment. Our recommendation for deploying SNAP through NinjaOne is to utilize policies linked to the appropriate organization as below.
- In your instance of NinjaOne, navigate to Configuration > Policies.
- If you already have policies associated with the appropriate organization, you can skip to step 5 in this section. If you do not have any policies associated with the organization you wish to deploy SNAP to, create a new policy by clicking on the Create New Policy link found in the top right corner of the screen.
- Give your new policy a clear, meaningful name. In the Role dropdown menu, select Windows Desktops and Laptops.
- NinjaOne groups devices by role so you will also need to create a policy for Windows servers. Click Create New Policy again, provide a clear, meaningful name for this new policy, and select Windows Server in the Role dropdown menu.
- You will need to link your newly created policies. Navigate to the Organization tab on the right and then click Edit on the appropriate organization.
- In the Edit menu for the organization, click Policies on the left and then choose the newly created policies from each category dropdown menu.
- In the right of the screen, hover over one of your policies. Click the Edit link as it appears.
- Click the Scheduled Scripts tab on the left followed by Add a Scheduled Script on the right.
- Provide a clear, meaningful name for the script. In the Schedule dropdown, select Run Once Immediately.
- Next, click the Add Script link in the top right corner of the window. In the search box, type Install Application. Finally, click on the native Install Application script.
- Provide a clear, meaningful name for the application. In the MSI URL field, paste in the URL you copied from step 3 of the Locating the SNAP Agent Install Link section of this article. In the Parameter field, type -y to ensure a silent installation. For the Run As dropdown, leave it as the system user unless you prefer to run the script with a different account. If using a customer account, that account must have administrative privileges. Finally, click Apply.
- Click Add to see your new policy. Click Save in the top right and then repeat steps 5-11 of this section for any other policy applicable to the organization.
NinjaOne will now be installing SNAP on all machines in the specified organization.
(Optional) Running the install task on a regular basis
Once the initial install is complete, we recommend you edit the appropriate policies from step 8 to run the install task on a regular basis (e.g., once a week). To do that, change the Schedule field in the SNAP Install Scheduled Script from Run Once Immediately to your frequency of choice. This will ensure that new devices introduced to this customer’s environment will receive the SNAP-agent installation.